Saturday 30 December 2017

This Year I'm going to confront all of my Inner Demons and actually Make Stuff.


At the start of each New Year
I like to take time out to reflect on what's just happened
and what I want to achieve for the Year ahead.

For the past two years I've been telling myself
"I Want to Make Bigger Pots"
I've made a few, but nowhere near as many as I am capable of.
My Biggest obstacle is
 Me, Myself, I.
I suffer from self doubt on an industrial scale, and it's this self doubt
that stops me from making bigger pots all the time.
Well I'd better look out!
because this year I have found an antidote to Me, Myself. I
In the words of this Performance of Titanium by the
Postmodern Jukebox
This Year I'm going to be made of 
Titanium

( it works for me OK )

So in 2018 expect more from Me
more than I have ever achieved before,
This New Found inner strength
couldn't have come at a better time! 
Why I hear You ask ?
About Bloody Time I hear Marion Cry!
2018 will be 10 years since
 I started Barrington Pottery
Ten very hard years in which I have learnt so much about human nature.
I've met some amazing people along the way.
I'd like to think I've surprised a few of them,
and some have been kind enough to tell me I've
inspired them which is amazing.
More to come on My Tenth Year later this month.

Here are a few pots that hit the spot for me in 2017
These nest of what I describe as swan jugs had the most likes of any
of my pots on Instagram



and having my jug pictured in a group that includes
Nic Collins and Lisa Hammond was a real treat.

 So have yourselves a very pleasant New Year
take it easy and party hard.
I look forward to sharing some great pots with you
in 2018
I'm Certainly up for it!


2 comments:

patriotic vet said...

Full confidence we'll all be seeing bigger pots from you this year.
No doubt I'll want at least one of them.
Best wishes that 2018 is your best year yet, in all ways - happiness, health, and fulfillment.

gz said...

May 2018 bring you what you need...and good health too

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...